I don’t care who you are, there ain’t nothing glamourous about putting on Spanx!
Unfortunately Spanx is one of those necessary evils for anyone who is against showing off the shape of their panties or bulges while wearing any unforgiving garment.
Therefore, here are some tips which I found myself chuckling at since you just can’t seem to read them without picturing how completely dumb you feel putting them on- but they’re helpful nonetheless! I can’t help but think how much better my first couple of Spanx experiences would have been, had I read this first!
Difficulty: Moderately (Ha! How about VERY) Challenging
1. Take off your jewelry so it doesn’t snag the fabric. Even a small ring can snag the material. Spanx are like pantyhose, once they are snagged or have runs, they are ruined.
2. Be careful with your fingernails. Even short nails can snag the fabric. Use your fingertips and handle the material carefully, as if you were working with pantyhose or stockings.
3. Don’t put your Spanx on immediately after getting out of the bath or shower when your skin may still be damp. This is for two reasons. First, if you have taken a hot bath or shower, the heat may have caused your skin to expand. Secondly, if your skin is the slightest bit damp, you will have a tough time pulling up the Spanx garment.
4. Use some baby powder. If you are having a difficult time pulling up the garment over your legs, apply some baby powder to your skin. This will help dry up any moisture and the material won’t stick to you. Dusting powder helps the fabric glide over your skin better.
5. If you are trying to put on a Spanx garment with legs, try this trick. Pull the garment up and fit your upper body, torso, or waist first. Pull the legs up to the upper thigh crease as if they were panties. Once the upper body portion is in place, pull the legs back down into the desired position.
6. Give yourself extra time to work with the shaping garment. Spanx are much better than old fashioned corsets or girdles, but they take some time to put on. Make sure you are in a cool room so you don’t start sweating – that will just make things worse (Boy does it ever!).
7. If all else fails, go up a size. Some women routinely buy shaping underwear a size larger than they normally wear since the garments are so small and constricting.
8.See the resources links for more about Spanx undergarments.
Hopefully, this either got an (a.) Chuckle out for bringing back such fond memories of putting on this piece of spandex with a mind of its’ own or (b.) Gave you Spanx “virgins” out there tips to make your first time less painful! Do you have a funny Spanx story you would like to share? Click the comment link on the top left corner to leave your story!